Richie Hayward Fundraising Central - Many new fundraisers highlighted
Richie Hayward, cofounder of Little Feat (along with Bill Payne and the late Lowell George), has passed away on August 12, 2010.
Little Feat has fans spanning across the world. What better way than spearheading a Global Effort to assist Richie's family with some fundraising efforts to help defray what was surely extensive medical costs.
This page will be solely dedicated to consolidating ALL the pertinent Fundraising efforts on behalf of Richie Hayward. We're calling this page "Richie Hayward Fundraising Central". The page will be updated when new fundraising projects are announced.
Visit Richie Hayward's CarePages website to read the blog which was written so eloquently by Shauna, Richie's sole mate.
CURRENT FUNDRAISING EVENTS
-A tribute web page has been started for Richie. Please stop on by and leave a short note for Richie in our guest book. Additional photos and videos to be added shortly.www.featphotos.com/RichieTrubut
- Donations can be made on Richie's behalf to The Happy Liver Society.
This smoking Richie Hayward benefit concert is now available for download!
Support Richie and buy a copy of this great show! Get more info on this recording HERE.
- Little Feat Grassroots to raise funds for Richie. Little Feat Grassroots volunteers will be selling wrist bands at upcoming Little Feat shows.
They will be available for a donation of $5 (or more) at all upcoming shows. If you cant make it to a show and want to buy a quantity of 20 or more, please contact Steve Cohen at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- THE RICHIE HAYWARD BENEFIT CONCERT now has their own eBay site for the auction of items donated to this event. In addition, they are offering their wonderful t-shirts for sale (Buy It Now) at the site too. The eBay site is now closed.
- "ChipIn" sponsored by the Pacific Disturbance Benefit Concert held on 08.23.09 in British Columbia, Canada. Donate HERE.
PAST FUNDRAISING EVENTS
Hosted by LA Radio Legend Geno Michellini, artists scheduled to appear include Eddie Baytos and the Nervis Brothers with Steve McCormick, Teresa James and the Rhythm Tramps, The Big Blue Mac featuring Dallas Hodge and Tom MaClear with The Stagg Street Band Rhythm Section, Jerimiah Roiko Band, Cold As Ice featuring King Cotton, Mike Reilly Band, Amilia Spicer, Robert Heft Band, Mamas Pajamas featuring Tom Fillman, Shuffle Brothers, Plus Very Special Guests PAUL BARRERE AND FRED TACKETT OF LITTLE FEAT.
For more information contact: The Biggroove concert producer, Leslie Butts 818-599-2922 email@example.com.
- DRUM! Magazine Rhythm Night - A Benefit For Richie Hayward
The DRUM! Magazine Rhythm Night will help kick off the 21st Annual AT&T San Jose Jazz Festival.
Rhythm Night DRUM! Magazine has announced the biggest drumming event ever to take place in Northern California. On Friday, August 13, 2010, drummers will descend on the San Jose Repertory Theatre in the heart of Silicon Valley.
All revenue generated from DRUM! Magazine Rhythm Night will be donated to Richie Hayward. In addition to revenue generated by ticket sales, a wide range of drum and percussion companies have contributed percussion gear for a raffle to be drawn at the event, with proceeds also donated to Hayward’s fund.
Tickets for DRUM! Magazine Rhythm Night are $15 in advance and $20 at the door, and are available at Drum! Magazine. Cosponsors for DRUM! Magazine Rhythm Night include Audix, DW, Evans, Hardcase, Remo, Sabian, Shure, Vic Firth, Yamaha, and Zildjian.
Congratulations to Joseph Weiner who "won" Levon's drumkit! Thank you to Joe and the many others who contributed to Richie Hayward's recovery. A huge thank you goes out to Yamaha drums, too. This drumkit had been given to Levon early in the '90s by Yamaha. Thank you, all!
- Butch Dener Auction. The Band: The Last Waltz GOLD Album signed by Levon Helm
This auction was for Levon Helm's Gold Record awarded to him for The Last Waltz ! The Gold Record was a gift to Butch Dener, ( Retired Road Manager for The Band & Levon Helm & the Barnburners ) from Levon Helm, after helping him during his fight with throat cancer & for all the years on the road with Levon & The Band. Butch retired from The Band because he was stricken with Hep C & later liver cancer. He received a liver transplant in 2005 & now is 4 years post-transplant - healthy & happy.
Butch’s auction, which drew $4,416.99 for Richie. This links The Band & Little Feat spiritually.
Thanx you Butch for all you do for Richie and for Little Feat.
- Benefit concert for Richie Hayward - 04.27.2010 New Orleans
Rad Gumbo: A New Orleans All Star Tribute to Little Feat - a benefit concert for Richie Hayward, which was held at Howlin' Wolf's in New Orleans, LA on 04/27/10. The concert featured members of Little Feat: Paul Barrere, Fred Tackett and Kenny Gradney along with, Anders Osborne, John "Papa" Gros, Billy Iuso, Eric Boilvar, Dave Malone, Sonny Landreth, plus other special guests.
- Richie Hayward Benefit @ The Arts Center in Carrboro, NC on Sun May 2, featured a special guest appearance by Craig Fuller. Chapel Hill area musicians held a benefit concert to raise money for Little Feat drummer Richie Hayward. The show was on Sunday. 5:00-9:00pm. Check out their web site HERE.
- Higher Ground in Burlington, VT - 01.14.10: Many special guests including Page McConnell, Mike Gordon from Phish along with Grace Potter and a few of the Nocturnals as well as other special guests were present to join in the pre-show AUCTION and gathering dedicated to Richie.
- BENEFIT CONCERT IN LA, CA October 4th, 2009
This event was sanctioned by Richie Hayward and Little Feat and Sweet Relief Musicians Fund. For more info go to the www.richiehaywardbenefit.com web site.
as each organization will work to help each other out in the future.
- BENEFIT CONCERTS IN SCOTLAND - Counterfeat - The Little Feat tribute band. Counterfeat recently reformed and have played highly succesful benefit gigs in aid of Richie Hayward. Other dates to be confirmed soon, find out more details HERE.
- Raffle tickets for a '57 Les Paul guitar where sold by the Little Feat Grassroots Team at Little Feat shows until the October 3rd drawing date. For more info go HERE.
- Pacific Disturbance hosted an all day concert in Comox, British Columbia on August 23rd. For more info go HERE.
RICHIE HAYWARD IN THE NEWS
A few times back in the 70's, Richie was laid up in the hospital due to motorcycle accidents. During one of those visits Mel Blanc sent his well wishes in a few of his voices. Though Richie is not ailing from another motorcycle accident much of these words of wisdom still apply. Thanx to the Feats At Five Podcast web site, check out what Mel Blanc had to say LISTEN HERE.
If you would like your Richie Hayward Fundraising event listed here please contact the webmaster.